December 18, 2023
To: Mobile Section, AlabamaAGC Member Firms
On behalf of the officers and directors of Mobile Section, AlabamaAGC I would like to thank you for your membership and support throughout 2023. I would also like to wish you and your families a Merry Christmas and Happy and Prosperous New Year!
2023 was a momentous year for Mobile and Baldwin Counties as both counties continued to grow beyond expectations with announcements of over $600 million dollars in capital investment. In 2023, Novelis, broke ground on a $2.5 billion recycling and rolling plant in Baldwin County; Canfor, the Canadian forest product company, broke ground on a $210 million mill near Mobile; Austal USA was awarded an additional contract to build steel ships for the Coast Guard, and Mobile Airport Authority broke ground on the Gulf Coast’s newest airport terminal “Mobile International Airport” which will give Mobile a gateway to the global marketplace. The Port of Mobile continues to grow as IMC, the largest marine drayage provider in the nation broke ground on a new facility near the Port of Mobile. ALDOT recently broke ground on the I-10 Mobile River Bridge after many years of controversy. Baldwin County Public Schools began construction on a State-of-the-Art Career Technical School which will help train students in a variety of occupations. Airbus broke ground on their 3rd new Final Assembly Line (FAL), and plans to break ground on the A220 expansion in January of 2024. AMNS continues to expand. Chart Industries recently broke ground on a facility to build the largest shop-built Cryogenic Tanks ever made worldwide. The City of Mobile and Corps of Engineers Parking Garage should break ground in January 2024. South Alabama Logistics Park in Theodore, AL continues to expand. It is the South’s largest logistics park located at an intermodal access point for shipping, rail, truck, and air. Brookley by the Bay, a 98 acre water front park along Mobile Bay’s western shore will be an integral part of Mobile’s continued growth and offer access to the waterfront. Saraland announced a $70 million Sportsplex to break ground this year to encompass approximately 100 acres. The Mobile River Walk Plaza was the latest crowning announcement with a $100 million mixed use waterfront entertainment and hospitality development combining luxury hotel, residences, offices, retail, bars, and restaurants to be built next to the Convention Center.
All of these expansions are positives for our area and a boost to our economy. As our area expands, let AGC help you face the challenges that this growth will bring to our industry.
At the request of our Workforce Development Committee, AGC will be hosting several in-person training
classes throughout 2024. These classes will be available on a first come basis. As soon as the schedule is completed it will be e-mailed to members. AGC of America also makes available numerous training opportunities, please visit their website to view the courses available: https://www.agc.org/learn/education-training
As we move forward into 2024 we need you to stay active, stay involved, and stay engaged.
Please bring us your issues so we can help you address them.
I have enclosed the following to help you plan for 2024:
- Mobile Section, Alabama AGC Tentative Calendar of Events; some of these dates have not been confirmed.
- Available AGC Discounts
- Appreciation to our Sponsors Throughout 2023
Alabama AGC has been building on success since 1920. We understand the importance of strength in numbers and realize that your continued support has helped us become the “Voice of the Construction Industry” throughout Alabama. AGC is dedicated to continue helping the construction industry and AGC members succeed. We want to continue to give you the very best member service.
Should you have questions concerning your membership, or suggestions for additional services please contact me at 251-344-8220 or email@example.com AGC is always open to your suggestions and input.
Manager – Mobile Section, Alabama AGC
Please stay informed by visiting our websites:
Please take a moment to look at some of the ways AlabamaAGC can help you:
- CompTrust AGC is the only Self Insured Workers’ Comp Fund in Alabama to receive an A- AM Best Rating; AM Best recently upgraded the Financial Size Category of CompTrust AGC to VII with over $54,000,000 in Members’ Equity. CompTrust has given back in excess of $126 million in premium credits to safe, qualifying CompTrust members since 1994.
- AGC now has a Property & Casualty Insurance program which offers
new ways to save on your insurance. For a quote please contact Jeff Rodgers 205-451-1400
- Special award programs acknowledging the best-of-the-best in the construction industry;
- Safety and Educational Training;
- Annual Recognition of Safety Excellence to those members who quality;
- Partnerships and Alliances with OSHA and other governmental agencies;
- Access to discounts on supplies and services which affect your bottom-line;
- Workforce Development which helps create a talented workforce for the future of our industry;
- Over 13,000 construction CEOs, executives and managers statewide receive Build South, Alabama AGC’s quarterly news magazine;
- Our Construction Leadership Council (CLC) offers emerging construction professionals, opportunities to network and learn from Leaders in the industry.
- Recognition annually of the “Top 40 Under 40 Leaders in Construction”
THROUGHOUT AlabamaAGC’S 103 year history, AGC’s greatest mission has been:
to BUILD, to GROW, and to LEAD FOR TOMORROW.
With a proud history to guide us, we ARE REACHING EVEN FURTHER
toward a positive future as we BUILD A BETTER TOMORROW.
AGC Members Saved Over 14.5 Million Dollars in 2023 Using AGC Member Discount Programs
The AGC Member Discount Programs offer a variety of benefits to our members, including access to high-quality services, state-of-the-art technologies, and premier products. Through our partnerships with leading companies, we are able to provide discounts on a wide range of products and services. These discounts are designed to help our members save money and improve their daily business operations.
Our value-added discounts provide a competitive advantage that can set your business apart from others in the industry. AGC Member Discount Programs are just one of the many benefits of being an AGC member, that aims to help our members succeed and grow.