AGCWebED: Federal Contractors, Get Ready for the New Paid Sick Leave Rule!
Wednesday, Nov. 16 | 1:00-2:30 p.m. CST
Virtually all construction contractors that perform work directly for the federal government will be required to provide paid time off to employees for sickness and other covered purposes under a new rule issued by the U.S. Department of Labor that takes effect on January 1, 2017. AGC of America will hold a WebEd (webinar) on November 16 from 2:00 to 3:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time specifically to help construction contractors understand the rule’s myriad mandates and avoid costly sanctions for noncompliance. Register here.
Among the many issues addressed, the program will answer the following questions about the rule:
• What types of contracts are covered?
• Which employees are covered?
• How much time off are employees entitled to and how is it accrued?
• Does accrued leave carry over from year to year?
• For what reasons is an employee entitled to paid leave?
• What are the notice and recordkeeping requirements?
• Can a PTO policy suffice?
• How does the rule interact with state and local paid sick leave laws?
• How does the rule interact with collective bargaining agreements?
• Does the sick pay count toward Davis-Bacon prevailing wage obligations?
• What are the flow-down responsibilities?